Kramer’s School of Music offers private instruction, semi-private and group lessons in flute, saxophone, clarinet, and oboe. Lessons are available in 30, 45, and 60 minute durations. Our lessons are individualized for each student, and the teachers customize a curriculum to fit every student’s needs, goals and levels. Our woodwind teachers teach a variety of styles: Classical, pop and jazz.
Reasons to play a woodwind instrument:
- To play in a chamber group of people or band
- To develop the lung capacity and breathing techniques
- Be able to easily switch between instruments in the woodwind family
What is the best age to start Woodwind Lessons?
Our private flute lessons generally start at age 7 and older, but sometimes younger students will start with a special curved-head flute.
Our private saxophone, clarinet, and oboe lessons start from age 8 onwards. Earlier than age 8, a student typically does not have the lung capacity and strength to handle these instruments.
Adults: It’s never too late to learn how to play! We welcome beginners and all levels no matter what age!
What are the performance opportunities?
- Kramer’s School of Music Recitals: Halloween Recital, Holiday Recital, Spring Recital and Summer Recital.
- Kramer’s School of Music band
- MMTA Exam Program
- State and local contests, festivals, and recitals
- Royal Conservatory Music Development Program
- Audition to Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies
- Audition to Minnesota Youth Symphonies
- Audition to Minnesota Youth Jazz Band
- Master classes with guest musicians